Friday, November 21, 2008

Who are you spending time with?




This is a fun thing to do... if anything just to see what interests everyone out there. It's a great conversation starter! Thanks to Jenn over at I Hate Whine for this idea... Maybe she'll head up a book club next and we can all post our thoughts on the same book..? Why, Jenn, what a fabulous idea, you have time, right..? HA! Bloggers note: Sorry... this is a desperate failed attempt at humor...

The rules are : Get the book that is on your nightstand or where ever you happen to do your reading. Open to page 56 and find the fifth sentence . Post the next two to five sentences and these instructions on your blog.

Don't get your favorite book, just the one you are reading now!

The Book I am reading is called These is my Words by Nancy E. Turner. It is the diary of a young woman as she journeys across the Arizona Territories in the late nineteenth century. She writes of her early life with a caring mother , attacks by Comanche Indians while on the trail, and of her incredible love for a Calvary officer.

Page 56 of this book is actually only a paragraph long, so I will post its entirety:

cont'd: "Papa, and I said I didn't know for sure, and he asked again but I can't figure it. He got real quiet and thoughtful, and then after a while he rode off and I didn't see him until we stopped for supper that evening. I 'spose he has found a little girl to spark and there will be no prairie flowers in Texas after this winter."

Ok, your turn now! Just let me know if you do so I can see what you are reading!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: