Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Swirly, whirly, girly stuff

My poor husband. A bachelor till 40, with a house full of "he-man" stuff bermed up the sides of every wall, now has his stuff relegated to the "Man Cave" and the garage. In its place came all this- What he calls the "Frou-frou, girly, I-talian, gee ga, crap". Every time something goes up, he says "Look, another swirl, yeah". So I looked around a bit... I guess I do have a thing for the swirly, curly, stuff, huh?




















Ok, so I maybe have a thing for the iron swirls and metal tins and everything Tuscan and warm. But don't you think all this is nicer than 15 fishing poles in the living room corner and camouflage gear masquerading as carpet..?








Hey, he could have it worse. My Italian Grandma, God rest her sassy soul, had plastic on ALL of her furniture. This sure ain't no Grandmas house...

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Becky Brown said...

HA! Yes, he totally could have ended up with plastic on the furniture, plastic runners on all the carpet, and plastic fruit everywhere. We must all count our blessings.

Thank you for your kind words over at my blog - I really appreciate your support. And thanks for introducing yourself - I'll be back!

Keri said...

Oh my gosh- your house is so pretty! Really, it's so nicely decorated. I'm jealous!

We do have very similar taste :) I only wish we ever stayed in one house long enough to really put all the details into a home the way you have...Maybe someday...Like when we're in our mid-40s and my husband finally retired from the military!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Very lovely!

Peter M said...

A sure sign that the "lady of the house" has taken over is when there are "mood candles" in the laundry room!